– Rep. Torren Ecker (R-Adams/Cumberland) announced today that local fire companies and EMS services in Adams and Cumberland counties will receive grants from the Office of the State Fire Commissioner. The grants are funded through state gaming proceeds and applications are still open until the end of May.
“These grants are important to the dedicated men and women of our small-town fire companies and EMS providers and I appreciate the efforts of the state fire commissioner to help our local communities,” Ecker said. “I encourage all of our fire companies and EMS servicers going forward to apply for this program.”
The following fire companies and EMS providers in the 193rd legislative district have been awarded grants:
• Arendtsville Community Fire Company, Fire Company, $13,162.04.
• Bendersville Community Fire Company Inc, Fire Company, $13,491.91.
• Biglerville Hose Truck Company No. 1, EMS, $7,155.22.
• Biglerville Hose Truck Company No. 1, Fire Company, $13,491.91.
• Hampton Fire Company Inc., Fire Company, $12,832.18.
• Heidlersburg Fire Company Inc., Fire Company, $12,337.38.
• Lake Meade Fire & Rescue Inc., Fire Company, $12,172.45
• Liberty Fire Company No. 1, Fire Company, $13,491.91.
• Liberty Fire Company No. 1, EMS, $7,085.76.
• United Hook and Ladder Company No. 33, Fire Company, $26,311.36.
• York Springs Fire Co. No. 1, Fire Company, $14,316.57.
• York Springs Fire Co. No. 1, EMS, $7,155.22.
• Penn Township Volunteer Fire Company, Fire Company, $12,667.25.
• South Newton Township Volunteer Fire Co., Fire Company, $12,997.11.
• Yellow Breeches EMS Inc., EMS, $7,155.22.
Each department must log in to their grant application on the Office of State Fire Commissioner website and print the grant agreement signature pages. Once they have obtained the appropriate information from their financial institution and signed the agreement, they must mail it back to State Fire.
To date, State Fire has received approximately 70 percent of the grant agreements for the 2018-19 grant year. Those who have not yet submitted their grant agreement are asked to do so by the end of May to ensure there is sufficient time to process the payment, and allow for them to purchase the project and submit the final report by the Sept. 3 deadline.
The following link is a list of important dates in their grant process
Representative Torren Ecker
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Alison Basley